We would love to welcome you to Derbyshire Children’s Hospital where, in addition to a Trust wide Preceptorship programme, we also offer a Paediatric specific programme, recognising the differences that Paediatric Nurses require to develop.
Your preceptorship year includes;
- A dedicated preceptor to support you in your ward/department, as well as from the Paediatric and Neonatal Professional Development Advisor/Facilitator
- Specific study days to cover Paediatric related topics including;
- Paediatric Pain
- Paediatric Diabetes
- End of Life Care
We offer a years rotation programme, normally spending 4 months in three of the following areas;
- Puffin Ward (medical and surgical 2-16 years)
- Sunflower Ward (surgical)
- Dolphin Ward (medical 0-2 years and HDU)
- Children’s Emergency Department
If you are interested in joining our dynamic and innovative team at Derbyshire Children’s Hospital, please register your interest on the main Preceptorship page and we will keep you informed of all relevant recruitment activities with the Paediatric Business Unit.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More information coming soon!