Travelling by Car
The Royal Derby Hospital, Derbyshire Children’s Hospital, Derby Medical School and Derby Private Health are located three miles from the city centre. The hospital is within easy reach from the A38, A50, and M1 at Junction 25. If you are using a sat nav, please use the postcode DE22 3NE to navigate to Royal Derby Hospital.
We have a dedicated bus service that runs every 10 minutes Monday-Friday and every 20 minutes on Saturdays between the Royal Derby Hospital, the city centre and London Road Community Hospital.
Other buses to the Royal Derby Hospital
We also served by a number of other frequent bus services which include:
- The Mickleover Flyer – up to every 7-8 minutes Monday – Saturday and every 15 minutes on a Sunday
- Arriva 33A – up to every 30 minutes, 7 days a week
- Arriva 36A – up to every 30 minutes, 7 days a week
- The Villager V1 & V2 – up to every 30 minutes Monday – Sunday and every 2 hours on a Sunday
- X38 to Burton Fast – up to every 20 minutes Monday – Saturday and every 30 minutes on a Sunday
Derby Train Station connects to all major cities and towns in the Midlands. For more information visit the National Rail website.
The London Road Community Hospital is a 5 minute walk from the Train Station and the Royal Derby bus can be caught from here.
- Train Station → London Road Community Hospital → 5 minute walk
- London Road Community Hospital → Royal Derby Hospital → 20 minute bus journey
Walking and Cycling
If you live close by and are fit and well, we encourage you to walk or cycle to our hospitals.
Derby Teaching Hospitals promotes cycling, there are various cycle racks situated around the hospital grounds including cycle pods at the Main Entrance and the Kings Treatment Centre. Additional motorcycle parking bays are located in the car parks.
For more information on cycle routes in general see www.cyclederby.co.uk
Plan your route
→ Find our how you can walk to our hospitals on Walkit
→ Plan your route using Google Maps
→ You maybe planning to travel to us by train, get more information on National Rail
→ You can check Derby Connected to Plan your Journey
→ If you cycling to us you can check out cycle maps here