Our vision at Derby Teaching Hospitals is ‘Taking Pride in Caring’. We seek to be the national beacon for all that is best in the NHS delivering 21st century healthcare and be part of a flourishing network of health and social care partners to integrate care for our patients, deliver clinically excellent results and be financially sustainable.
We aim to:
- Deliver quality in everything we do: safety, effectiveness and patient experience
- Transform services to maximise productivity and efficiency
- Create networks for acute and complex care
- Develop integrated care for people with long term conditions to help them stay as healthy as they can be
CARE principles of Compassion, a positive Attitude, Respect and Equality are at the very heart of care at Derby Teaching Hospitals.
These values motivate us to provide for the individual needs of our patients in a compassionate and professional manner, encourage us to create a positive workplace for our employees, and push us to strive to continue to deliver high quality healthcare.
Trust strategies and plans are based on our shared objectives:
- Putting patients first
- Right first time
- Investing our resources wisely
- Developing our people
- Ensuring value from partnerships
Making Your Moment Matter
In 2013, Derby Teaching Hospitals won the first ever Compassionate Care Award from the Health Service Journal, recognising the caring values that our members of staff show when they come into contact with patients, carers, relatives and visitors.
‘Making Your Moment Matter’ recognises and brings to life what patients have told us matters most. Your part in this, whatever your role in the hospital, will be key.
These are the top 5 moments that matter to our staff and their commitments to our patients. We will:
- Treat you as a person, not just a patient, with dignity and respect at all times.
- Do everything we can to give you the best treatment.
- Understand your needs by listening, empathising with you, and keeping you informed.
- Make the place you are treated in clean, safe and caring.
- Give you information in a way you can understand, so you can make decisions about your care.